Following the Bylaws, the AKPA Election 2011 will elect the 30th president, whose term will start 2013, and the Auditor for the next (29th) administration. The president-elect will also join the 29th AKPA administration (President: Prof. Eun-Suk Seo, U. Maryland) as the vice president as the Bylaw requires.
Details on the election are described and will be updated below. If there is any question/suggestions, please contact to the Election Committee (see below).
- December 29, 2010: Due for the nomination from the Nomination Committee.
- January 3, 2011: Due for the final list of candidates including from general members and announcement.
- January 3-9, 2011: Official election/campaign period.
- January 10-20, 2011: Voting
- January 24, 2011: Announcing the next/vice president and auditor elected.
Committees for Election 2011
Prof. Ki-Hyon Kim (NC Central), Chair, 919-530-6451
Prof. Eun-Suk Seo (U. Maryland), Chair, 301-405-4855
Dr. Myungkee Sung (LSU) 225-650-9186
- Nomination committee searches for candidates for both positions.
- Any member (including general member) who is interested in either position or who likes to recommend someone(s) should contact to the Nomination (and/or Election) committee.
- Candidates should be a regular member.
- Official announcement of candidates will be made on January 24, 2011.
- The qualified voters would be the members as defined by the bylaws.
- Each qualified voter will be notified before the election by an e-mail.
- Official election period is January 3-9.
- The Election Committee will make the information on each candidate available.
- During this period, candidates can contact to qualified voters regarding to the election.
- During this period, any voter asks question(s) related to this election to any/all candidate(s) by sending emails to the Election Committee. Election Committee will try to get responses from the candidate(s), which will be posted to all members and/or the questioner.
- Voting will be performed through Emails by the qualified members from January 10-20.
- Details on the vote procedure will be announced later.
- The official closing time would be January 20, Midnight PDT, but earlier voting is encouraged.
- The result with the President-Elect and new Auditor will be announced on January 24.
- Any complaints related to the campaign/election have to be reported to the Election Committee, who will try to resolve them.