15th International Symposium on the Physics of Semiconductors and Applications (ISPSA-XV)
About ConferenceThe 15th International Symposium on the Physics of Semiconductors and Applications (ISPSA-XV), will be held in 2011 at Ramada Plaza Jeju Hotel, Jeju, Korea.The 1st ISPSA was initiated as a special meeting in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the Korean Physical Society in 1982, and the ISPSA has been biennially held in every even year in Korea. Because the 30th ICPS (30th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors) was held in Korea in 2010, the 15th ISPSA will be held in 2011.During the last 30 years since the inauguration of this symposium in 1982, semiconductor research has undergone many changes and developments: from basic physics to applications and from three dimensional to low-dimensional systems. This Symposium covers all of the semiconductor-related research fields ranging from traditional technologies to update physics and devices, such as topological insulators, graphene, nano-bio devices, the green technology, etc.We sincerely hope that this International symposium (ISPSA-2011) will provide the platform for sharing of best practices and opportunities for improving the quality of research in semiconductor science and technologies.The primary goal of the ISPSA-XV is to share the latest developments of semiconductor physics and technologies within the semiconductor research society.
Venue & Important DatesThe 15th International Symposium on the Physics of Semiconductors and Applications (ISPSA-XV) will be held on July 5-8, 2011 at the Ramada Plaza Jeju hotel, Jeju, Korea.Jeju is a volcanic island which is one of the most popular tourist places in Korea. Early July is the beginning of Summer and tourists can enjoy beautiful mountains and beaches.
- 2nd Announcement: Dec. 15th, 2010
- Abstract due: March 30th, 2011
- Preliminary program: May 31st, 2011
- Early Registration: May 31st, 2011
- Hotel Reservation: May 31st, 2011
Conference ScopesTopics include
- Compound semiconductors (III-V and II-VI)
- Si and other group IV based semiconductors
- Organic Semiconductors
- Graphene and related devices
- Quantum Hall and related properties
- Spintronic & ferroelectric physics and devices
- Quantum functional materials and novel devices
- Nano-bio technology and applications
- Synthesis and characterization of semiconductors
- LED, LD and display applications
- Light management in photovoltaic devices (Solar cells)
Conference CommitteeHonarary Chair: Tae Won Kang, Dongguk Univ.Chair: Sam Kyu Noh, KRISSVice-Chair: Eun Kyu Kim, Hanyang Univ.Secretary: Il Gi Hang, KIST; Hyunsik IM, Dongguk Univ.Program: Youngmin Kim, Dankook Univ.; Jae Su Su, Kyung Hee Univ.Publication: Mann-Ho Cho, Yonsei Univ.
International Advisory Committee (IAC)Chairman: Y.S. Park, RPI USACo-Chair: S.K. Min, Kyung Hee University
- Website: http://ispsa2011.org/